Try to throw up rudimentary, sometimes cringe-worthy quality recommendations on Steam of the PC games I’m playing. Figured that with my minimalist friends list on Steam that there may be some more benefit reaped from those inexpertly written reviews by posting them here as well. So without further ado, here are the first batch:
- Great little game with some fun physics (think elliptical orbits). Soundtrack is superb!
- Great arcade feel and tight controls, engaging soundtrack, strong visuals and explosion sprites accompanied by well done sound effects. Addictive.
- Fun. Each level can be as easy or complex as you wish… Can be pretty tricky to flag levels. Cute.
- Amazing! Cell shaded FPS in all it’s glory… doesn’t get much better than this for an RPG/FPS. Tough game.
- The old chessmaster I remember from systems like Gameboy but now with really great tutorials. Also has a mode that teaches you advanced strategies (openings, defenses, etc) from chess champions in a tutorial format.
- Ubisoft+PoP+cell shading … greatness all around. Beautiful game and supremely enjoyable adventure. Very relaxing!
BUT — broken with steam. Overlay won’t work and does not register any playtime, etc, with steam. Can buy and launch through steam just fine though. A 3+ year issue that hasn’t been fixed but don’t let it hinder you from buying and playing the game… just a heads up.
- Total crack… that’s all I’ll say. If you don’t mind countless, back to back all-nighters then go ahead and play, you won’t be disappointed.
- One of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played. Excellent gameplay, engaging story and characters, a lot of depth across each of the 3 playable characters, and did I mention it was insanely beautiful?
Got this game on sale and actually felt really bad playing it and realizing how little I paid for it. That says everything you need to know. Buy it, play it, love it!
More to come…